Wednesday, April 16, 2014

APRIL THE DAY (FOR ED DORN)

Did you see him
when he killed
the watchers
by the door

His black cape flowed
as he told us
he was leaving
and we bled
upon the water
to make him feel
more certain
of his youth.

He had known
the blue scar women
they had told him
he was crazy
when he spoke 
of fair miss fancy
and his eyes
were always blazing
like they'd seen
the burning horses
near the city of the dead.

Weren't you
the blue stone wonder
who did splendor
to my soul

The trees were
filled with laughter
in that
after noon
It was 
me that you's seen
standing
past the window
of the junk yard
Didn't I  .  look
like I had been there
for some time

I was trading
snow
for winter secrets
they were running
all the while

And its only
that its April
and I'm
in that gold cat mood

long awaited springtime
attitude.